And helloooo 1st day back in the office!
I hope you had a great festive season.
From a road trip with my Team…
Bagpipers, getting hosed down by firemen, jumping into cold water skips, swinging from poles, crawling through mud, barbed wire, cargo nets, ditches, throwing myself into an icey cold water filled quarry aand ending up being wheeled off to the medic room.
My last day out the office was pretty EPIC.
(you can catch up with my crazy adventures over on Facebook/Instagram)
But with all that over.
Christmas – GONE.
New Year – GONE.
The 2nd week of January upon us.
Kids back to school.
Most back to work and….eh…no more excuses.
It can be super exciting to start a new month, year and decade but equally it can also be quite STRESSFUL.
With lots of unnecessary pressure to achieve your goals and people shouting at you right, left and centre how to live your best life in 2020.
So…to kick us off after the festive season,
I just thought I’d share some things I’ve learned, that have helped me make progress and get where I am today both physically and mentally.
Hope you find them helpful too:
1. Forget fad diets, you’ll be in the same place next year with less money in your pocket
2. Be patient and consistent, results don’t happen overnight
3. Fatloss requires ONE thing – a calorie deficit
4. Never underestimate yourself
5. Be kind to others
6. Water is life, get it down you
7. Don’t compare yourself to others, you’ll never find happiness
8. Celebrate your successes no matter how small
9. 1 bad meal won’t make you fat
10. 1 healthy meal won’t make you thin
11. Exercise is awesome for both your mental and physical health – do it daily
12. Surround yourself with people who make you smile and feel good about yourself
13. It’s ok to have a ‘bad day’
14. If you fall off the wagon, skip the pitty party and get back on it asap
15. Split your goals into small bitesize ones
16. If nothing changes – nothing changes
17. It’s ok to be a beginner
18. Mindset is everything, work on this as much as any other goal
19. Write shit down, you’re 10x more like to get it done
20. Planning is always key
21. Start the day with a positive thought
22. Excuses affect nobody apart from you
23. Carbs are friends just like protein & fat
24. Sleep is essential, make sure you get enough (or try if you’re a Mum!)
25. You won’t always feel motivated and that’s ok – just stick to the plan and get what you need done (see point 19)
26. Anger is like drinking your own poison, the only person it really hurts is you
27. Always hold your head high (even if you don’t feel like it)
28. Stressing about things you can’t control is wasted energy and changes nothing
29. Challenge yourself daily
30. Failures are opportunities to learn, never give up
31. Accountability is a powerful motivator
32. There’s no such thing as good/bad food, it’s just food
33. Do more of what makes you happy
34. Life’s too short to only live for the w/e’s, if you’re not happy mon-fri then change that
35. Moderation and common sense will always prevail
36. Make yourself a priority, nobody else will do this for you
37. Time is the most valuable thing you own, don’t waste it
38. Being thinner doesn’t instantly = happiness
39. If you have air in your lungs, it’s never too late
40. Being a mum is the biggest yet most rewarding challenge in the world
41. Knowledge is only power alongside action
42. You’re body, health, happiness & life are a direct result of the choices you make
43. Yolo – make it the best you can
44. Even the most successful people need a support network
45. Never let anyone tell you – you can’t!
2019 was a brutal year for me personally and not sad to see the back of it, but by following all the above and putting it into practice.
It helped me get though it remarkably well so hope they can help you too.
Here’s to a stronger, happier 2020.
Lee ‘excited for what’s to come’ Donald x
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Facebook – Lee Donald Personal Training
Twitter @ LeeDonaldElite
Instagram – LeeDonald
Pinterest – LeeDonald LDPT
Youtube – Lee Donald Personal Training