I hope you had a great Christmas.
Can’t quite believe it’s Hogmany already!!
January can be a super exciting month but also equally STRESSFUL.
With lots of unnecessary pressure to achieve your goals.
So called ‘Fitness Guru’s’, ‘Health Coaches’ and ‘Weightloss Experts’ shouting on social media about how to live your best life in 2022.
Accompanied by possibly working from home, all the Covid craziness and everything else life throws at you.
So today, even though I’m still technically meant to be ‘out the office’.
I thought I’d share some things I’ve learned that have helped me turn my life around over the years.
To achieve my goals, make steady progress and eventually become physically and mentally the strongest and healthiest I’ve ever been.
I’m not special, I’m not a super hero and everything I’ve done, you can do too.
Hope you find it helpful.
1. Forget fad diets, you’ll be in the same place next year with less money in your pocket.
2. Be patient and consistent – it took longer than a week to get where you are now, it’s going to take longer than this to get where you want to be.
3. Weightloss requires ONE thing – a calorie deficit. Focus on gradually improving your daily habits to help you achieve this.
4. Never underestimate yourself, you can always achieve more than you think.
5. Be kind to others.
6. Water is life, get it down you.
7. Comparing yourself to others is the fastest way to steal your happiness.
8. Celebrate your wins and successes no matter how small.
9. One bad meal won’t make you fat.
10. One healthy meal won’t make you thin.
11. Exercise is awesome for both your mental and physical health – do it daily.
12. Surround yourself with people who make you smile and feel good about yourself.
13. It’s ok to have a ‘bad day’.
14. If you fall off the wagon, skip the pitty party and get back on it asap.
15. Split your goals into small, bitesize ones.
16. If you change nothing – nothing will change, read that again.
17. It’s ok to be a beginner, allow yourself to learn.
18. Mindset is everything so always focus on the positives no matter how hard they may be to find.
19. Write shit down, you’re 10x more like to get it done.
20. Planning is always key.
21. How we begin our day is incredibly important, so aim to start it with a positive thought.
22. Excuses affect nobody else apart from you.
23. Carbs are friends just like protein & fat and don’t need to be eliminated.
24. Sleep is essential, have a regular night time routine to ensure you get enough.
25. You won’t always feel motivated and that’s ok – just stick to the plan and do what you say you’re going to do #backyourchat (see point 19).
26. Happiness isn’t found in a fridge or bottom of a bottle – try find coping mechanisms that won’t sacrifice your health or goals like exercise/talking to friends.
27. What we believe, we become so be careful how you talk to yourself.
28. Stressing about things you can’t control is wasted energy and changes nothing.
29. Challenge yourself daily, it’s the only way you’ll mentally, physically and emotionally grow.
30. Failures are opportunities to learn, never give up or be too proud/shy to ask for help.
31. Accountability is a powerful motivator, tell as many people as you can what you plan to do.
32. There’s no such thing as good/bad food, it’s just food.
33. Do more of what makes you happy.
34. Life’s too short to only live for the w/e’s, if you’re not happy mon-fri change that.
35. Moderation and common sense will always prevail.
36. Make yourself a priority, nobody else will do this for you.
37. Time is the most valuable thing you own, don’t waste it.
38. Being thinner doesn’t instantly = happiness.
39. If you have air in your lungs, it’s never too late.
40. Being a mum is the biggest yet most rewarding challenge in the world.
41. Knowledge is only power alongside action.
42. You’re body, health, happiness & life are a direct result of the choices you make each day.
43. Yolo – make it the best you can.
44. Even the most successful people need a support network.
45. Never let anyone tell you – you can’t!
I know it’s an extra challenging time for us all right now and not quite the start of 2022 we imagined, but regardless of what happens in the outside world.
Nothing can EVER stop you working on you.
Here’s to making some positive steep forward this year, one day at a time.
Lee ‘helping you build a better you’ Donald x
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Facebook – Lee Donald Personal Training
Twitter @ LeeDonaldElite
Instagram – LeeDonald
Youtube – Lee Donald Personal Training