I hope you had a great weekend.
Last week I blogged about ‘Good’ and ‘Bad’ foods and gave you a simple nutrition tip to make achieving your goals much easier and more enjoyable.
Did you try it?
How did you get on?
If you missed it, tap here.
This week, I’m not gonna lie.
I’m a little concerned.
With darker, colder days creeping in along with all the constant uncertainty of our current Covid situation.
I suspect you may be struggling with energy, motivation and likely feeling frustrated with it all right now.
Less day light, bad weather plus added stress for many, means more hiding away indoors, more comfort eating and negative thoughts which…
= Less exercise
= Less endorphins (natural feel good chemical from exercise).
= Less energy
= Less motivation
= Less confidence
= More weight gain
= More chances of having health complications
= More at risk of suffering from depression & anxiety
= More likely to make you feel unhealthy, unhappy and just not in a good place!!
This doesn’t necessarily have to be the case and as always, I’m here to help you the best I can.
So today, I just wanted to share with you some ideas, tips and things to focus on to help keep you on track.
To make sure you take care of yourself especially if you’re Mum or someone who takes care of others.
If you don’t look after No.1.
Nobody else will do it for you.
So here’s those focus points:
1. Let go of sh*t you can’t control.
(this is easier said than done but essential for your happiness and sanity).
2. Do the best with what you have.
3. As bad as life may seem, always try to focus on the positives – even though they may be hard to find (a negative mind will never lead a positive life).
4. Write things down and plan what you can.
5. Communicate with your friends/family and check in on each other regularly.
6. Don’t rely on others to make you happy (you’re responsible for own happiness).
7. Do at least one thing each day you enjoy.
8. Remember life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how you choose to deal with it.
9. You only fail when you stop trying so don’t give up.
10. You survived all of your ‘worst’ days – you can handle this.
1. Drink enough water (at least 2 litres)
2. Keep active even if it means just walking around your house, garden or work place for 10mins (something is always better than nothing).
3. Tracking your calories is the best way to successful manage and achieve your weightloss goal but if you don’t want to do this, simply aim for 3 meals a day plus 2-3 snacks.
4. Load up on fruit/veg and try get protein in at eat meal.
5. Don’t drink your calories (eg lattes, milkshakes, smoothies).
6. Save the alcohol for weekends only.
7. Get enough sleep.
I hope you find this helpful and seriously….hope you’re ok!
If you need more support with any of this, come join us onboard The MAX Experience if you’re not already member.
No catch, zero risk and 100% free.
Sure, we have exciting workouts and tasty recipes but it’s so much more than that.
The amazing community of women, the incredible support, consistent accountability and general positivity of our private Facebook group is worth it’s weight in gold.
I’ve also just launched an exciting new Calorie Calculator.
Answer a few simple questions and boom – get your calories and macros all calculated for you…for FREE!!
If you’re reading this and your goal is weightloss – you NEED to know this to get results.
The MAX Experience along with every other health & fitness platform, training program and diet in the world will only work if YOU do.
You can have the best workouts, best recipes and all the support you need but if you don’t choose to take action and make some changes – nothing will change.
With around 10 weeks till the festive season kicks off.
NOW couldn’t be a more perfect time to get started so you can hit up those parties wearing your festive frock or anything else for that matter feeling strong, fit & fabulous.
Lee ‘always got your back’ Donald x
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Facebook – Lee Donald Personal Training
Twitter @ LeeDonaldElite
Instagram – LeeDonald
Pinterest – LeeDonald LDPT
Youtube – Lee Donald Personal Training