I hope you’re having a great week.
Have you been busy?
Have you managed to workout?
Are you on track with reaching your goals?
With Tough Mudder last w/e and going to Canada for a couple of weeks this w/e it’s been caaa-razy.
Don’t worry I’ll still be ‘checking-in’ with you while I’m away but before I go I just wanted to share 24 top tips or fatloss & happiness.
1. Choose a fitness routine/plan you ENJOY.
If you hate the gym, find something you love.
2. If you want as much ‘bang for your buck’ as possible – choose COMPOUND exercises (ones that use lots of muscles).
3. There aren’t any shortcuts to creating a killer body- STOP popping pills!
4. Figure out what works for you and do it week-in and week-out.
5. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all nutrition program.
The best diet you can have is one that works for you and fits with your lifestyle.
6. Guilt and regret are wasted emotions.
If you skip a workout – get over it.
Take 2 weeks off – get over it.
7. There will be times when you take extended breaks from the gym/workout… and that’s OK.
8. The MIRROR is more reliable than the SCALE.
9. Put in your BEST effort in every workout – wingin’ it is a waste of time.
10. Focus on 1 or 2 goals at a time.
11. Read and learn about fitness – knowledge is POWER.
12. Make working out a HABIT.
13. Being flexible rocks – don’t neglect FLEXIBILITY and MOBILITY exercises.
14. When you NEED take a break, really take a break.
A week off is OK.
15. Opinions are like a**eholes, EVERYONE has one so don’t let one negative comment or opinion get you down!
16. Live by the 80/20 principle.
Ensure you eat well and exercise 80% of the time but allow yourself 20% flexibility & fun.
17. Your attitude and mental outlook can make a HUGE difference.
18. NEVER be afraid of weights.
19. Gym bunnies – Leave electronics in the locker room.
If you listen to tunes on your phone, avoid texting, emailing, surfing the web, etc – focus on WORKING OUT.
20. Walking is one of the best activities EVER.
You can do it anywhere, anytime, costs nothing, burns calories and nearly impossible to get hurt.
21. Track your RESULTS.
I’m amazed at how many people don’t do this.
Pictures and measurements are simple and highly MOTIVATIONAL.
22. Too much ab work is a waste of time (and boring).
If you want abs, LOSE FAT.
23. If life gets busy (and it does), it’s better to do 10-20 minute workouts 3 days a week than not working out at all.
24. NEVER stop challenging yourself!
If you want to see a little core challenge I set myself yesterday check it out…
From the floor, to dumbells to BOSU ball – BOOM!:
So there you have it, my 24 top tips to a healthier, happier you!!
With a suitcase that’s not going to pack itself and a mahooosive ‘to-do’ list before I leave on Saturday morning it’s full systems GO.
Will I be packing my workout clothes? – Always
Will I be allowing myself to indulge? – 80/20 rule (see no.16).
Am I super excited for Canada Day? – Counting down the days!
What is Canada day? – think New Year but BIGGER.
If you’re on social media then come follow me as I’ll be posting lots of pics of my adventures and workouts.
Lee ‘2 more sleeps’ Donald x
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Facebook – Lee Donald Personal Training
Twitter @ LeeDonaldElite
Instragram – LeeDonald
Pinterest – Lee Donald LDPT
Youtube – Lee Donald (LDPT)