Monday 21st January 2019 aka ‘Blue Monday’.
Yuuup from post-Christmas debt, giving up on New Year resolutions, little sunlight to cold weather.
Today is meant to be the most DEPRESSING day of the year.
So I thought it would be the perfect time to share my 23 quick tips for fatloss, happiness & success.
To help give you a little motivation and something positive to focus on : )
1. Choose a fitness routine/plan you enjoy
Enjoy = stick at it = results.
2. If you want as much ‘bang for your buck’ as possible – choose compound exercises
Ones that use lots of muscles.
3. There are no shortcuts to losing weight
Stop popping pills, going on detoxes or relying on supplements – put in the effort.
4. Figure out what makes you happy and do more of it
Life’s too short!
5. There isn’t a 1 size fits all nutrition plan
The best diet you can have is one that works for YOU and fits with your lifestyle.
Fatloss = one rule = Calorie DEFICIT.
6. Guilt and regret are wasted emotions
If you have a bad one day, it’s OK – get over it and move on.
7. There will be times when you may need to take extended breaks from working out – That’s OK
Skip a workout or take 2 weeks off – refer to point 6.
8. The mirror is more reliable than the scale
If you let the scales determine your mood – ditch them
9. Put your best effort into every workout
Half assed effort = half assed results.
10. Focus on 1 or 2 goals at a time
Less overwhelming = more likely to succeed.
11. Read and learn
Knowledge is POWER.
12. Make working out a habit
Schedule workouts in your diary on a weekly basis.
13. Stretch daily
Poor mobility = weaker muscles = injuries
14. When you really need to take a break, take a break
Refer to point 6 & 7
15. Opinions are like A**eholes, EVERYONE has one
Don’t let one negative comment or opinion get you down!
It’s an opinion – not fact.
16. Live by the 80/20 principle
Ensure you eat well and exercise 80% of the time but allow yourself 20% flexibility & fun.
17. Mindset is everything
Don’t get consumed by negativity from yourself or others.
18. Don’t be afraid of using weights
This is a major key to shaping and sculpting your body.
19. Walking is one of the best activities EVER
You can do it anywhere, anytime, costs nothing, burns calories and nearly impossible to get hurt.
20. Track your progress
I’m amazed at how many people don’t do this.
Pictures and measurements are highly motivational and ESSENTIAL for assessing progress.
21. Too much ab work is a waste of time (and boring)
Want abs? Nail your nutrition and follow points 2 and 18.
22. If life gets busy (and it does), a 10-20min workout is better than 0 workouts
From burning calories, positive habits to making you feel awesome – it’s ALWAYS worth it.
23. Never stop challenging yourself
Challenge = change
24. Grab every opportunity with both hands
Ok so this was a bonus one but so true.
And right now you have till Wed 30th Jan to grab my January Special Offer.
This is an opportunity that won’t come round again anytime soon!!
If you’re female, live near Aberdeen and your goal is to lose weight & tone up.
Oh and you love FREEBIE!
Check it out before you miss out : )
*** Only accessible via Facebook ***
Whether you grab my Special Offer or not, I hope you found these tips helpful.
And whether it’s ‘Blue Monday’ or a random day in June remember…
You will only ever be as happy as you allow yourself to be.
Lee ‘choosing happiness’ Donald x
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Facebook – Lee Donald Personal Training
Twitter @ LeeDonaldElite
Instagram – LeeDonald
Pinterest – LeeDonald LDPT
Youtube – Lee Donald Personal Training