I hope you had a great w/e.
Are you feeling festive yet?
I know LOTS of people have been busy putting up their trees and decorations up which is always fun.
Gutted we’re not getting our tree till this w/e BUT
My family and I still went to Crathes Castle and enjoyed some festive fun.
I LOOOOOVE CHRISTMAS!
20 more sleeps and BOOM it’s Turkey time.
So how’s your damage limitation going?
Are you setting yourself up for a GUILT FREE Christmas?
With temptation all around…
It’s so easy to see your waistline get BIGGER, wobbly bits get WOBBLIER, energy go DOWN and confidence PLUMMET.
And hey, I want to help you feel HOT this holiday season (would be rude not to) so lets put that plan of ACTION in place.
I’m not saying don’t get in the festive spirit but I AM saying you need to put some BOUNDARIES in place so you don’t undo ALL the hard work you’ve been putting in.
Remember Your 3 Step Plan
1. Put the hard work in NOW.
2. Enjoy your guilt free Christmas knowing that you finished 2016 the BEST way possible.
3. Get ready to go full throttle and make 2017 the HEALTHIEST and HAPPIEST year of your life!!
Here’s the BEST guide to help you with Step 1 and fight that festive FLAB!
1. Get Buffet Savvy
* Hit the buffet ONCE and load up on protein and veg first.
* Don’t stand/sit beside the buffet or food – you’ll be MUCH more likely to pick and munch.
* Have something small to eat before you go so you’re not piling up the food due to your OVER hungry, empty stomach.
2. Get Clever Eating Out
* Have soup for a starter, it’s usually a healthier option and will FILL you up more so you eat LESS.
* Stay away from fried / battered / creamy foods = high calories + fat.
* Switch your chips for a couple boiled potatoes or better still – salad or extra veg.
* Any dressing or sauce? – Ask for it on the side.
* Look for meat or fish options instead of pasta or pizza.
*If you must have a pudding – sharing’s caring and your waistline will thank you for it.
3. Enjoying A Festive Tipple
* Have a glass of WATER in between each drink – you’ll consume LESS and keep hydrated.
* Opt to start drinking as LATE as possible.
This is such a simple way to almost HALF your calories.
* Try switching to vodka, fresh lime and sparkling water (approx 55cals), perhaps champers (approx 90cals) or light spirits with diet drinks (approx 120cals).
* Limit your drinking to once/twice a week MAXIMUM.
* AVOID drinking alcohol if you’re out for a meal.
Big meal + alcohol = fantastic way to increase that festive flab!
* Alternatively offer to be designated driver so you’re cutting out ALL those belly bloating excess empty calories altogether.
4. Get Excited For The MAX Experience
Ok so this is actually part of STEP 3 but…
I just want you to know you don’t need to STRESS and I’ve got you covered for 2017.
The MAX Experience doors only open FOUR times a year and January will be GAME ON.
OPENING DATE will be revealed soon!!
In the meantime just remember,
Every decision YOU make will be reflected on your body, health and mindset so try to make the BEST choices you can : )
Lee ‘waiting patiently to put up her tree’ Donald x
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Facebook – Lee Donald Personal Training
Twitter @ LeeDonaldElite
Instagram – LeeDonald
Pinterest – LeeDonald LDPT
Youtube – Lee Donald Personal Training